I Once Was Blind
Topic: The Gospel Of John Passage: John 9:1–9:41
God's ways are not always our ways. - Isaiah 55:8
1. There is an invitation from Jesus to become one of His followers.
- A follower will receive sight.
- Those who won't follow Jesus will remain blind.
- Jesus wants us to seek Him.
2. There is a warning to be careful with our thoughts of God.
- The Pharisees were wrong in their thoughts & opinions of Jesus.
- We need to be careful of what we think God will do.
- We need to be careful of how we think God should operate.
- We live in a world that is in a curse. Bad things happen.
3. The future for followers of Jesus is to live in perfection with Jesus.
- Bad things happen because of sin. We live in a sinful world (a cursed world).
- Jesus came to eradicate the sin.
- Eternity with Jesus does not contain "bad things".
- Read Revelation 21 to see what is in the future of the follower.