The Lazarus Account
Topic: The Gospel Of John Passage: John 11:1–11:44
John 11 is a transitional chapter in the book of John.
- Up until now, John has covered about 3 years of the ministry of Jesus.
- The next section focuses on about 2 weeks.
We need to trust in God's ways even though we don't always understand them.
- We struggle with hardship because we don't know what God is up to.
- We need to remember that we are human & we are not God.
In God's time & by God's ways, He will deliver us from hardships.
- There will be times that He won't deliver us when we want Him to.
- God will do what is best for us & for His glory.
For followers of Jesus:
- Keep the end in mind.
- We will understand fully at some point.
- Jesus moved & operated with the end in mind.
- Be there for others.
- Help them live the life they need to live.
- Help them get out of their grave clothes.
For those who have not responded to the call of Jesus:
- Hear the voice of Jesus telling you to come out of the grave.
- Get out of your sinful life.
- Have new life through Jesus.
- Ephesians 5:14