Four Things Love Does Not Do
February 27, 2022 Speaker: Darren McCormick Series: Love Is...
Topic: Love Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:1–4
There are natural sequences in the physical & spiritual world.
Those belonging to the church in Corinth were not loving each other with Christlike love.
- It was a selfish type of love they showed.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
There is the focus that no matter what you have, if you don't have love, then what you do have is worth nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love Does Not Envy
- Some translations use the word "jealous". There are different uses for the word jealous. The words are related but not 100% similar.
- Envy is more toward wanting something we do not have. Jealousy comes around when something we care about is threatened.
- There is a godly & ungodly type of jealousy.
- Love Does Not Boast
- Some people were going around bragging about the spiritual gifts they received.
- This boasting was constant (due to the usage of the word through translation)
- They were putting on a show by attracting others to themselves.
- Love Is Not Proud
- Pride can show through various methods within the church today.
LOVE DOESN'T ENVY, BOAST, OR ISN'T PROUD BECAUSE IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING (4 for those counting).
Oftentimes the church has shown what it is against, but not so much what it is for.
LOVING ACTIONS ARE USED TO BUILD OTHERS UP.
We do not need to build ourselves up as trophies. We need to be humble & bow at our Savior's feet.
- Be like-minded in the spirit of humbleness, loving others & their interests because that's what Jesus did.
More in Love Is...
April 3, 2022Love Is...Finding Forever Love
March 27, 2022Love Is...Love Always
March 20, 2022Love Is... Guide Me In Your Truth